Nubia's health and safety mantra is 'Handle with Safety’.
Nubia’s health, safety, security and environmental policies have been framed by in-house, experienced, qualified specialists to ensure that movement of clients’ goods is managed without damage to the environment; without hazard to personnel and without risk to the cargo.
Nubia's HSSE targets are...
- zero major incidents
- to fulfill all relevant national and international legislative requirements
- not to damage and, where possible, to improve the environment
- to encourage the development of a safety culture amongst the personnel and contractors
- safety of goods in transit by compliance with the C-TPAT and AEO programs
- to provide training to our personnel and, where appropriate, our contractors.
Nubia's training methods...
- establish common standards worldwide by using smart e-learning tools
- utilize established examination bodies with internationally recognized certification
- are progressive and related to seniority and role
- are constantly reviewed and updated to follow industry best practice
- combine ‘in-house’ tuition with external e-learning and ‘taught’ courses are offered to Nubia’s contractors.
Nubia's HSSE planning...
- extends from collection to delivery
- examines HSSE hazards and risks from project conception to completion
- ensures legislative compliance at all points en route
- reduces the consequences of hazards and risk to as low as reasonably practicable
- identifies local companies that can be contracted or partnered to maximize local involvement
- includes consultation with local communities to minimize any disruption to their environment and maximize any legacy benefits
- is regularly revised as threat assessments change