Rates do not include Storage, Demurrage, Detention, Duties and Taxes, Stamp Duties, Scanning Fees, Container Bond Fee, Offloading at Consignee's premises, Empty Container return to Port and any other statutory fees.
A. At Addis Ababa airport: USD 0.05 per KG per Day (3 days free time); (no free time for perishable and dangerous cargo)
B. At Addis Ababa Kality Customs Terminal: USD 0.1 per KG per Day (no free time)
C. At Djibouti Port: USD 5.3 per TEU per Day for 7 days, USD 7.05 per TEU per day for 5 days, USD 8.8 per TEU per day for 5 days and USD 11 per TEU per day for the rest of the stay; (8 days free time for regular cargo; no free time for perishable and dangerous cargo)
D. At Modjo Dry Port: USD 2.35 per TEU per Day for 7 days, USD 6.15 per TEU per day for 5 days, USD 7.96 per TEU per day for 5 days, USD 10.38 per TEU per day for 5 days and USD 13.5 per TEU per day for the rest of the stay; (8 days free time for regular cargo; no free time for perishable and dangerous cargo)
USD 10 per TEU per Day for 30 days (15 days free time for most shipping lines except prearranged)
USD 20 per TEU per Day after 30 days
USD 20 per FEU per Day for 30 days (15 days free time for most shipping lines except prearranged)
USD 40 per FEU per Day after 30 days
For all truck detention caused due to delay in loading at port or offloading at consignee’s premises, USD 150 per Truck per Day (6 hours free time after arrival at site) for flat bed trucks, and USD 300 per Truck per Day (6 hours free time after arrival at site) for low bed trucks
1. Duties and taxes (applicable for imports only except raw hides and skins): As per Ethiopian Customs official tariff rates calculated based on the Duty Paying Value – DPV)
2. Duty Paying Value (DPV); DPV= (CIF+ (0.09944*Gross Weight)
i. Customs Duty: Depending on the HS code of the cargo = Duty Rate* (CIF+ (0.09944*Gross Weight))
ii. Excise Tax: Depending on the HS code of the cargo Excise Rate* (CIF+ (0.09944*Gross Weight)+ Customs Duty)
iii. VAT: 15% of (CIF+ (0.09944*Gross Weight) + Customs Duty + Excise Tax)
iv. Surtax: 10% of (CIF+ (0.09944*Gross Weight) + Customs Duty + Excise Tax+VAT)
v. Withholding Tax: 3% of (CIF+ (0.09944*Gross Weight))
3. Stamp Duties: USD 3 per document
4. Scanning Fees (applicable for imports only): 0.07% of DPV (universally applicable to all kinds of cargo, whether duty free or duty paid)
5. Container Bond Fee (applicable for imports only): USD 15 per container
6. Offloading at consignee's premises: Depends on the location of the offloading site, the weight, dimension, quantity of the cargo but the standard rate of forklift rental is USD 500 per hour in Addis Ababa.
7. Transport Rates:
Transport rates for 20' are assuming double 20' will be loaded on 1 truck, if single 20' is loaded on 1 truck, the rate for 2x20' shall hold true.
Gross weight of 20', including the weight of the container, shall not be more than 20 tons and that of 40’ shall not be more than 30 tons.
Rates are valid for 1 month only
Rates could vary due to change in fuel prices and inflation, arrival of aid cargo, fertilizers and seeds at port
5% of Transport cost shall apply as transport management commission.
8. Empty Container Return to Port (applicable for imports only): Unless quoted separately, USD 500 per truck from Addis Ababa to Djibouti.
9. Escort Charges: Escort charges, unless specified otherwise, from Djibouti port to Addis Ababa or from Addis Ababa to Djibouti is USD 3,000 per convoy.
10. Payment Terms:
15 days after receipt of final invoice from our office.
Failure to effect payment within 15 days results in interest charges on prevailing bank rates at 5% currently.
11. Transit Time:
12 days for sea freight from Djibouti up to FOT Addis Ababa after receiving complete set of documents
3 days for airfreight from Addis Ababa airport after receiving complete set of documents
12. Standard Complete Set of Documents:
• Commercial Invoice signed and stamped by supplier
• Packing list signed and stamped by supplier
• Certificate of Origin signed and stamped by chamber of commerce of country of consignment
• Bill of lading (sea freight only)
• Airway bill (air freight only)
• Insurance Premium receipt
• Freight receipt
• Delegation for customs clearance
• Delegation to sign and collect documents and cargo
• Valid License and registration copies
• Import Permit/Export Permit
• Debit Note/Credit Advice
13. Modalities of Import and Export:
IM-4 --Permanent import
IM-5 --Temporary import
EX-1 --Permanent Export
EX-2 --Temporary Export
Details on each modality of export available in writing up on request.